You all loved the Tiramisu recipe so much that I thought I’d share another delicious dessert favourite from the Capelli Foods kitchens.
Baked ricotta cheesecake with saffron apricots
Ingredients (serves 6)
250g dried apricots
2 tbs brandy or sweet white wine
½ tsp saffron threads
1 1/3 cups (295g) caster sugar
1kg low-fat fresh ricotta
½ cup lemon curd
1 tsp vanilla extract
Grated zest 1 lemon
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cinnamon quill
6 cardamom pods, bruised
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease a 20cm springform cake pan.
2. Combine the apricots in a bowl with the brandy and saffron, then stand for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile: place 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar in a food processor with the ricotta, lemon curd, vanilla, lemon zest and cornflour and pulse to combine. Add the eggs through the feed tube and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top, then tap several times on the benchtop to remove any air bubbles. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar, then leave the cheesecake to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile: place the remaining 1 cup (22g) caster sugar in a pan with 1 ¼ cups (310ml) cold water. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves, then add cinnamon, cardamom and apricot mixture. Simmer over low heat for 15 mintues. Transfer the apricots to a bowl, then increase the heat to meduim-high and simmer syrup until thickened. Pour the syrup over the apricots and cool completely.
5. Dust the cake with icing sugar, slice and serve with apricots and syrup.